Friday, October 11, 2013

We made it to WA!

(written Oct. 2)


Time to play catch up!
Last week Graham left on Tuesday to head up to Washington for our friend Blake’s bachelor party. The boys boarded “The Grand Marnier” north of Seattle and yachted their way up to Roche Harbor. The girls met them there on Friday to kick off the wedding weekend.
My Friday looked like this:
5:45am- leave the house for the airport
8:00am- board plane that is already 30 minutes late to Seattle
10:15am- land in Seattle and meet others at baggage claim
11:15am- leave Sea/Tac airport with rental car headed to Anacortes to board ferry
1:50pm- get to ferry an hour early just to realize we are 22nd in line for the NEXT ferry
4:30pm- finally drive onto ferry and embark on an hour and a half ride to Friday Harbor
6:00pm- arrive in Friday Harbor, drive to Roche Harbor, drop off friends, drive to condo to meet Graham
6:40pm- waterworks.

I don’t do long days well, and after 12 hours of traveling I needed a good cry. Once I pulled myself together, had dinner, and was able to mingle with our friends I felt much better!
Our weekend was spent watching two friends tie the (wet) knot and celebrating soberly while dancing to the best wedding band Seattle has to offer! It was a blast and Graham did not disappoint with his dance moves.
The Ferry had some gorgeous sights!

Here's my 5 weeks pic...


No comments:

Post a Comment