Friday, October 11, 2013

Wake Up! I think I'm pregnant!!


(written Sept. 15)

After 13 long months of trying to get pregnant, we are beyond thrilled to have a positive pregnancy test! 
Actually, 6 positive pregnancy tests.....we wanted to be sure!

Months and months ago (I'm talking last December), I had ordered a gift to give Graham the day I found out I was pregnant. I had it all planned- I wanted to set up a video camera, have him open a card, then his gift....etc, etc. I should have known that would I would never be able to keep a straight face long enough nor contain my celebratory dancing and crying to allow for that initial plan. I took the test at 7:15am and after checking that there were indeed two lines in the bathroom light, kitchen light, and daylight, I quickly ran back up to our room and woke Graham up! After throwing open all of our shutters and turning on every possible light, I shook him and said "Graham, wake up!! I think I'm pregnant!!!" Poor guy was rubbing sleep out of his eyes and trying to shield his eyes while squinting to see the tiny test. Once he put it all together he was still a little skeptical. We went to breakfast- a very giddy, full of smiles breakfast, and picked up a few more tests on our way home to be certain. Five tests later, we were hugging, crying, and grinning ear to ear. We had waited SO long for this moment and are still shocked that we are lucky enough to be experiencing this excitement! 

The next step is to meet with the Dr. and enjoy every minute of this happiness! This is one secret that is VERY hard to keep!

Here's the gift I had originally planned on using to tell Graham he's going to be a Dad! 


No comments:

Post a Comment