As soon as we could see the baby we saw it's heart beating and were in awe. Both Graham and I got emotional and all I could say was "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God!" I couldn't believe that the tiny baby on the screen is growing inside my belly and will ours forever.
It's heartbeat was 150 bpm and though it's measuring a couple days behind what I thought- they've kept our due date at May 24, 2014!
Here are the first of many pictures of our baby! We think it looks like a gummy bear!
After the ultrasound we met with the Nurse Practitioner and got a huge packet of information as well as talked about what the next few months will look like. It was a little overwhelming but I got the go ahead to have a cup of coffee if I'm in the mood for it- so I was happy!
So far I have only felt a little nauseous a couple times but didn't actually get sick. They told me yesterday that I probably won't get worse if I've been good thus far- I'm crossing every finger and toe that it's true! I've been really tired and lacking motivation to do much after I get home, which is OK with me. I've also been super super hungry every 2 hours or so- seems that small meals are doing the job best. If I eat a large (formerly normal) meal I will be stuffed to the brim and really uncomfortable until I'm starving two hours later. Weird.
I can start to tell that a baby bump is forming, and Graham agrees at times. But I'm still comfortable in my normal clothes and enjoying the fact that I get to wear comfy clothes to work!
Here's the 7 (almost 8) week picture!


No comments:
Post a Comment