I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving- I think we've managed to either see or talk to everyone since their holiday...but wherever you were I'm sure plenty of turkey was to be had! We spent the long weekend in Park City. This was the second time that my Mom was able to come out and enjoy the holiday with us. I know she's always taken care of in Sioux City by her wonderful friends and family, but it's nice being able to have her all to myself and make certain she feels loved during the holidays. We all were spoiled by Jeannine's hospitality, as always, and ate our way through the weekend!
In addition to eating, we were able to celebrate AJ's 3rd Birthday (a little early, it's actually TODAY!!). We found some little man skis and boots for him this year and were SO excited to try them on and give them a whirl on the snow. Graham has been waiting for AJ to be old enough to put a pair of skis on since the day he was born...and it was worth the wait! He loved it and kept asking to go down the "hill" one more time about 6 times. Graham was happy to oblige and thinks AJ has great potential to be a professional someday, or so we hope!
My favorite part of the weekend was telling our families that we are having a BOY! Jeannine and Tim had recently been to Hawaii and on their trip bought outfits for a baby boy and a baby girl. She had both hanging on the mantle and everyone that came over was asked to "cast their vote" on whether baby was a boy or a girl by pinning paper diapers on the designated outfit. Hopefully someday the girl's dress will be put to use because it was adorable! For now, it will have to go into storage! We also shared his name, which was what I was most excited about. Charles Theodore Daugherty came to be after looking through list after list after list of names, discussing family names, and agreeing that we didn't want a name that was too popular over the last couple years. Fortunately, we both loved the name Charlie and I was able to get over the fact that he will be named something that he will probably never be called (like my proper name, Kathleen). I also love that he has my Dad's middle name as his first name. Graham had the duty of choosing his middle name and was deciding between Franklin or Theodore- both family names on his Mom's side. Now we are able to use his name when we talk about him and it seems that much more real.
We had the gender ultrasound scheduled for last Saturday and had decided to keep it even though we found out at 12 weeks we were having a boy. I'm so glad we did because it was fun to see how much he's grown and to watch him wiggling around. We are still amazed every time we see him! Here's the link if anyone wants to watch it- it's about 15 minutes long and you'll want to have the volume turned up.
the login is katiejdaugherty@gmail.com and the password is 'passsword'
Once logged in, click on the underlined date and time of the ultrasound which will take you to a new screen with 3 options to view. I suggest watching via the web option.
At the appointment I couldn't believe how much he was moving and that I couldn't feel him AT ALL! I had been trying to sit still a few times a day and see if I notice anything but NADA! I've been being a bit of a turd (shocking, I know) and would sometimes freeze and say to Graham "oh my gosh, I felt him!" but Graham caught on to my jokes after the 2nd or 3rd time. Then, Sunday night we were watching Home Alone when I felt something different- it was a teeny tiny tickle from inside my stomach. I waited for it to happen again and then said, "Graham, I felt the baby!!!!" He of course didn't believe me at first, as the girl who cried wolf, but saw how excited I was and knew it was for real!
So far that's been the coolest part of the pregnancy. Since then I've been feeling him on and off all day long and felt the longest one yet today!
My 16 week Dr. appointment was this morning and it was short and sweet- everything is right on track and I've been told to enjoy the 2nd trimester!
Other than that fun stuff we have been getting ready for Christmas and started to get some things for Charlie's nursery. Here's Charlie's first Christmas Present...we couldn't resist!
No comments:
Post a Comment