We spent last weekend in Charleston, South Carolina for Matt and Marissa's wedding. It was an incredible (and fast) weekend. We got into town Thursday and Graham was busy with groomsman duties all day Friday so I drove out to the beach and enjoyed some lunch. It was a little cloudy but a beach is a beach!
We met back up for a cruise Friday night for the rehearsal dinner with some of the most delicious southern BBQ I've ever had! We passed some amazing homes on the river and enjoyed catching up with friends. Afterward, there was a dessert/champagne reception at a rooftop bar. All wedding guests were invited and it was PACKED!
Saturday we went to historic Charleston for a carriage tour and learned all sorts of fun facts about the city before heading off to the wedding. Such as...did you know that anything 75 years or older (architecturally) must be kept? That's how they preserve the history of the city- so we saw boot scrapers left on front porches and none of the homes can be torn down, they must all be restored. The houses were incredible and one even had a parrot on the front porch that meowed, sang TV theme songs, and probably drives the neighbors nuts! Here's a cute old horse at the stable named Fred.
The wedding was insane- out of a magazine gorgeous with no detail left to chance. It would take a blog post of its own to do it justice, so I'll just leave it be! We had so much fun dancing and chatting with friends all night long!
Unfortunately, I didn't check pictures after they were taken and don't like any that Graham and I took together but lesson learned! Here's us in our fancy clothes acting spiffy...
It was fun telling the rest of our friends about the baby and word spread quickly once the news was out. We had people congratulating us all weekend, asking questions, and giving us advice if they had any to offer! I'm glad we decided to tell the news because lately the baby has been making sure to make an appearance. I feel like I've just popped in the last couple of weeks and I finally have a little belly!
I finally got some new leggings and long t shirts that should work for a few more months. Jeans are now out of the picture unless I decide to leave them totally unbuttoned which leads to my zipper falling down... I need to get a Belly Band or something similar to extend the life of denim a little longer. Until then, sweatpants and comfy clothes work just fine!
Here's my 11.5 week picture...
Two more days and I'm 12 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment