After an incredibly relaxing week in Hawaii we returned to absolute chaos! I won't go over the whole thing, as most of you are already aware of the madness that has occurred, but I will say that we are VERY lucky that it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
While I'm looking forward to having brand new bathrooms, new flooring, and a fresh coat of paint basically throughout our house I am dreading living in a construction zone for the next couple of months.
When talking to G about the situation I was trying to figure out how quickly we needed to get things done. I said..."well, we have 4 months until Charlie is here..and we probably want some quiet before that, so sometime in the next 3 months we should wrap things up." Then it dawned on me that we DON'T have that much time. Charlie will be here in 14 weeks- just 3.5 months! Knowing that we don't have much time to finish the house is a little scary but even more scary than that is knowing we will have another person in our family in 3.5 months. Where did the last 6 months go???
Luckily, I'm obsessed with planning ahead and Charlie's room is almost complete. I'd hate to have that on my plate as well as the remodel project! We have his crib set up, his dresser ready to go, and just have a few small wall hangings to get put up. I'm really looking forward to his baby shower next month - I know it will start feeling very real at that point!
I've been SO so so lucky with this pregnancy and have been feeling really good. I've especially loved not being exhausted the last few months, watching my belly grow, and lately, watching it move! Charlie is a very active baby and reminds me frequently that he's more than likely going to keep us very busy! Graham has loved being able to feel him kick and even played Charlie a song for the first time last week. We figured VanMorrison's 'Crazy Love' would be a nice introduction to music- we hope he liked it!
Here's our Hawaii recap:
Relaxed, relaxed, relaxed, ate plenty of food, enjoyed ocean breezes and sunsets, saw whales and turtles, and capped it all off with massages. It was splendid!



No comments:
Post a Comment